Follow-Ups with aycan workstation and FusionSync Plug-In
Essential image comparison for general radiology
Today, diagnosing based on follow-up image series is a task made time-consuming by patient-alignment matching and the need for manual adjustment of viewing settings. With aycan workstation and the FusionSync plug-in, the need to do tedious and time-consuming manual adjustment of your view settings is history.
- The software automatically synchronizes the baseline with the follow-ups for spatially consistent viewing.
- The new bookmark manager lets you keep track of your findings and it even stores them into your PACS.
- FusionSync brings reliable image registration and fusion to aycan workstation.
- Its powerful tools support confident diagnosing for 3D CT, MR, PET and SPECT — even multi-slice 2D MR images with coarse inter-slice resolutions are supported.
- Co-registration and fusion of multiple follow-up studies
- Automatic global and locally-restricted rigid alignment
- Spatially synchronized navigation
- Optimized diagnostic workflow
- Fast loading time
It was not clear beforehand that aycan workstation was the appropriate solution to address both clinical and research-based data processing and analysis needs. However, it has proven to be an extremely beneficial utility in both regards. The FusionSync add-on facilitates rapid data comparison and visualization for real-time clinical inquiry, while at the same time providing image processing capabilities that are directly beneficial to my own research workflow. The software is intuitive, easy to use, and most importantly, highly effective to streamline many of the operations faced in today’s Radiology setting.
Richard Castillo, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas Medical Branch